Oxygen is at the center of every aspect of health. You need oxygen; every cell in your body needs oxygen, which is essential for sustaining life and quality of life.
Ozone is supercharged oxygen that can do things in the body that regular oxygen can never do. It works by stimulating the different systems in the body to keep us healthy.
Dr. Frank Shallenberger, America’s leading pioneer and clinical researcher in medical ozone therapy, says, “If nature designed a single antidote to illness, it is probably ozone.”
The History of Ozone
Ozone therapy has been used for over 100 years with a track record of safety with several health benefits. In the past 30 years, more than 2,500 papers on the medical use of ozone have been published in peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals. You can access these articles by going to the American Academy of Ozontherapy - www.aaot.us
The number of ozone practitioners grows yearly with advances in scientific knowledge and research about the effects of Ozone therapy. The therapy may not be mainstream in the US yet, despite the rich history of its use, but it is widely used and accepted in the rest of the world. Nearly every European country has its association of ozone doctors, and a medical university in Rome, Italy, even offers a Master’s degree in ozone therapy.
What Is Ozone Therapy, and How Does It Work?
Ozone helps the body in the healing process. It is a highly reactive form of pure oxygen that produces a healing response when introduced into the body. The body has the amazing potential to renew and regenerate itself, and the reactive properties of ozone help it do what it does best - heal itself.
The Benefits of Ozone
- Natural detoxifier that binds with toxins and neutralizes them so that the body can remove them.
- Natural antiviral, antibiotic, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic - 4,500 times more powerful at killing these organisms than bleach. It is used by medical science to treat various autoimmune diseases and viral diseases. It is an effective treatment for fungal infections, bacterial infections, viral infections, etc.
- Natural immune booster. In a study published by the NIH, 65 patients with Fibromyalgia were treated with IV ozone. 70% of the patients experienced a greater than 50% decrease in symptoms. This demonstrates the validity of IV ozone as a treatment for many illnesses by harnessing the immune response to diminish or eliminate these diseases caused by immune disorders.
- Natural anti-inflammatory that has been shown in studies to effectively reduce inflammatory cytokines. The properties help in lowering the risk of inflammatory diseases.
- Naturally increases oxygen levels and oxygen utilization and therefore boosts energy production.
- Naturally stimulates antioxidant enzymes protecting us from free radicals. Research shows that ozone therapy increases powerful antioxidant enzymes by as much as 300%.
- Ozone is an effective treatment option for cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Ozone therapy can reduce the risk of heart attacks in patients who have already suffered it.
- Ozone improves overall cell function in our body. It slows down aging at the cellular level, helps the red blood cells transport oxygen, stimulates white blood cells to prevent infection, promotes wound healing, and so on.
What Happens During an IV Ozone Treatment?
Like other IV treatments, IV ozone treatments are administered intravenously. However, this treatment is different because blood is drawn into a saline bag. Medical-grade oxygen is passed through an ozone generator to produce the ozone gas that is then dissolved into the blood. The blood with the dissolved gas is injected into the body through an IV. Ozone therapy's effects are healing and detoxifying – suppressing infection and boosting the immune system. The process takes about 45 min.
How To Prepare for IV Ozone
Hydrate well and wear a loose-fitting shirt so the nurse can access a vein. It is important to note that the following conditions are contraindicated for IV ozone:
- Blood-clotting disorders, including hemophilia, constant consumption of anticoagulants
- Conditions after hemorrhage and hemorrhagic tendency
What About Safety?
Ozone has a safety history that is unprecedented in modern medicine. Dr. Velio Bocci, the foremost researcher in medical ozone, states that from 1950 to 1986 in central Europe, there were no “untoward effects” in 340,000 ozone treatments. In an article by M. Jacobs, the records of 384,775 patients treated with different ozone modalities for various medical conditions were examined. There were 5,579,238 treatments administered to these 384,775 patients with an incidence of “accidents” of 0.0007%, or 39 “accidents” in absolute numbers. This is a safety margin far greater than that of aspirin.
You have the power to impact your health and vitality. Not only by your dietary and lifestyle choices but also by unleashing the power of ozone - a natural, supercharged oxygen therapy that could make all the difference.